Monday, July 04, 2011

Beginners

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  


I saw Mike Mills film "Beginners" this weekend. I keep drifting off thinking about all the things I loved about it + his visual style of storytelling. He creates layers using subtitles, graphics and still photo's that capture time and weave the story together subtly revealing so much. Admiring his work as a graphic designer, I loved seeing his drawings.  The ways he uses them to connect you to the emotional state of Ewan McGregor's character Oliver is sublime. I'm itching to see more in his new book.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


and,


2 last Botanicals just finished from my Flowerpop collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment